And It Came To Pass...Usually

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Summer Is Over!

My summer is unofficially over. Where, oh where did it go??? Even though I don't have to report back to work officially until next Wednesday, I have to get my classroom unpacked and set up. Once next Wednesday comes I'll be in meetings all day with no time to set up my room before open house (which is the Friday before school starts).

Everyone thinks summers off for teachers are so awesome...and while it is nice, I've never had the "summer off". My first year of teaching I had classes and comps over the summer (June thru August). My second year of teaching I had paperwork to finish up, and a class (June & July). My third year I had to learn a new curriculum over the summer and make all my materials for Workshop Way (took the whole summer). My fourth year of teaching (this year) I had a class over the summer, tutoring a student, and a program change plus moving schools, as well as extra paperwork to finish up (June thru August). This summer I've had 3 weeks of my 10 week "free". Five of the remaining weeks I was busy until 8 pm each night of the week (except Sunday) either with class or tutoring. The remaining 2 weeks of my 10 weeks have been spent at my school for at least 1/2 the day.

I want my vacation back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whine over. Anyone have some cheese to go with that whine???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home