And It Came To Pass...Usually

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Is Someone Missing a Kick Me Sign???

If you are, please let me know...I think I found it! I've had interesting experiences lately, reaffirming my belief that things happen in threes. First, last Friday I got locked in my garage with my son (who did the locking) for an hour in my pajamas. Did I mention he was naked since we've been potty training, and he peed on the garage floor twice? Umm...yeah. Gotta love potty training.

Incident #2 happened Thursday. I went to a place about 30 minutes from my house to tutor one of my students. We normally didn't work in this particular place, since it's normally very loud and chaotic. He tried, but it just wasn't working, so he decides he'd rather study at his house. So, I head out to the car, and like any normal person, attempt to start the car. Apparantly that was my mistake. My car didn't want to start, and it let me know quite emphatically of its wishes. I call my husband to come rescue me, and rescue me he does, but not before I spend 45 minutes trapped in a car in 107 degree heat (outside air temp...hotter in the car). Why oh why do I not retreat to the chaos of the building 25 feet away??? Because my wheelchair is stuck in my lift, halfway between the ground and the top of the car. Good times. I became one with my sudoku puzzle, and actually contemplated pouring lemonade on me just to cool down. However, the thought of attracting little flying beasties was a little too much...I wasn't that desperate, so I thought better of it. Erwin spent 15 minutes fiddling with the engine, and I thought I was in the clear.

Cue incident #3. It all started yesterday morning. I dropped Daniel off at daycare, planning on swinging by my school, picking up my class list for this year, then heading home to clean without having little hands undo the work as fast as I can do it. Alas, this was also not to be. I got as far as dropping Daniel at daycare. When I got back to the car, it decided to give an encore performance of yesterday's monologue. I call Erwin (again) who winds up taking the rest of the day off to fix my hunk of junk beautiful vehicle. One battery and several cables later, my car is purring like a kitten.

I've decided I don't really enjoy waiting for the other shoe to drop, nor do I enjoy tempting fate with having things happen in greater numbers than three. So, if you've lost your sign, let me know, and I'll FedEx it back to you.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, I'm sorry, Elizabeth! That totally sucks!!!!!! I hope things start looking up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home